Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 172

Thread: Va apologizes for slavery...

  1. #131
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    [ QUOTE ]

    But really, some of you are behaving pretty immature.

    [/ QUOTE ]



    This is hilarious coming from you.

  2. #132
    Inactive Member RaiderWahoo0105's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2004
    Posts
    625
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    Bad topic to discuss, brings out the ugly in people.
    Go Wahoos!
    Go Mounties!
    [img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a39/flipanova_7/Inferno.jpg[/img]

  3. #133
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    [ QUOTE ]
    For example if a group of neo-Nazis or the K-K-K want to have a rally, then they bloody well have the right to do it, whether you like it or not.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Exactly right, and other people have the right to tell you their opinion right back.

    I'll agree that a lot of this hasn't gotten a bit to personal. However you'll find that when race, religion, politics, or on here, schools, come into a discussion, there is always people who go to far.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  4. #134
    Inactive Member Jason's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 2002
    Posts
    3,146
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    [ QUOTE ]
    I'm not going to get into the Native American stuff. Yes you are right- they haev been treated just as badly. BUT after slavery ended African-Americans still had it bad. They weren't treated with respect or dignity or given some of our basic rights (like voting). Sure there was an amendment granting them the right to vote, but most of the time they were prevented from doing so. Heck the white people wouldn't even let them go to the same school! I understand what you are trying to say but i have to agree with elp6n- a lot of white people have the same kinds of attitude.

    [/ QUOTE ]


    Native Americans still have it rough today.

  5. #135
    Inactive Member LoneCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    [ QUOTE ]
    Exactly right, and other people have the right to tell you their opinion right back.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I believe I already said that.
    [img]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2766/lonecrusader4my.jpg[/img]

    "Never, never, never give up." - Winston Churchill

    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  6. #136
    Inactive Member LoneCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8th, 2006
    Posts
    79
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    [ QUOTE ]
    On my way back to Berea on a Greyhound bus tonight I was sitting in front of a couple of black people and one was complaining about a hotel not having BET on the TVs in the rooms sayin "yeah we black people be needin' dat entertainment", giving the black people even more of the stereotype of wanting to be bowed down to.

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Good point. I wonder what would happen if a white person dared to start a channel called "White Entertainment Television"

    Oh god forbid.. if they did something like that they might be called a racist. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

    Or god forbid we might ever have.. White History Month!

    Can't anyone see the hypocrisy in this? If blacks or one of these other minorities have a special month or TV channel or whatever set aside for them, then its always ok. But if such a thing were done for White people, then they would automatically be labeled as evil racists. So it's ok for black people to be proud of their race but it's not ok for white people to do the same thing? Ridiculous!!
    [img]http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/2766/lonecrusader4my.jpg[/img]

    "Never, never, never give up." - Winston Churchill

    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect." - Mark Twain

  7. #137
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    Outstanding post. Very well said.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #138
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    Yep. I do tend to be immature. I do however admit I'm wrong when I realize it. I don't go around saying "INBRED COUPLE! INBRED COUPLE!" I am not on here stooping to personal insults with those who disagree with me. I don't go around telling people how they are the worst poster. I'm not bringing up the past like you are doing. Oh how immature that is.

    Anyway, I'm done with this.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

  9. #139
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    No. You chose to come on here after the PV/Coeburn game a couple of years ago when Knight 67 was ejected from the game because another player hit a player who happened to be black and he was wrongfully blamed, you proceded to call him a racist on the board. I'm still trying to figure out how someone getting a cheapshot in a game is "just racist" <<<your words.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  10. #140
    Inactive Member imported_trumpet1988's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2003
    Posts
    2,533
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Va apologizes for slavery...

    As I said, I admitted that I was wrong. And I'm not bringing up the past.
    Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •